CHARLOTTE’S LITTER GRANT RECIPIENTS:
Charlotte’s Litter is excited to contribute to ongoing therapy/comfort dog programs and new initiatives. There is wonderful work being done in the therapy dog field, and with the support of the Charlotte’s Litter Grant Program, this resource is being brought to students in K-12 schools. Thus far, Charlotte’s Litter has granted over $17,000 to the following list of programs and initiatives for the schools and students they serve:
- The Ana Grace Project. Funding will be used to expand the current therapy dog program in New Britain Public Schools (CT) to the following Love Wins Schools: Chamberlain Elementary, DiLoreto, Smith Elementary, and Northend Elementary. In addition to training and registering new therapy dog teams, curriculum and lesson plans will be developed for the therapy dog program with a focus on empathy, kindness, self-esteem, and coping skills.
- Comfort Dog Addie and Leah. The new Club Comfort program is being introduced to two Danbury, CT Elementary Schools. Club Comfort is dedicated to teaching, sharing and encouraging others to provide comfort to those around them with the assistance of a comfort dog.
- Comfort Dog Dora. The new Club Comfort program is being introduced to Milwaukee Lutheran High School, Mount Calvary Lutheran School, St. Martini Lutheran School, St. Marcus Lutheran School, and two elementary schools in Milwaukee Public (WI). Club Comfort is dedicated to teaching, sharing and encouraging others to provide comfort to those around them with the assistance of a comfort dog.
- Intermountain Therapy Animals (ITA). Grant money will be used to produce a new training video for the R.E.A.D teams that support literacy in school age children, a program with a proven record with 17 years of experience and over 5000 volunteer teams nationwide.
In addition to funding ITA on a national level, Charlotte’s Litter is funding the following state chapters:
R.E.A.D Connecticut. Therapy dog teams serving students in CT.
R.E.A.D Minnesota. Therapy dog teams serving students in MN.
R.E.A.D New York. Therapy dog teams serving students in NY.
- Pet Partners. Funding general operational costs of registering and training therapy dog teams for the Read With Me program. Read With Me is an animal-assisted intervention literacy program with over 1000 volunteer teams serving students nationwide.
**In addition to the grant money, Charlotte’s Litter has donated over 500 books of Good Dogs, Great Listeners and The Dogs of Newtown to schools and their students nationwide.