The Charlotte’s Litter Therapy Dog Program advocates for therapy dog programs in educational settings and is committed to financial support for organizations that provide these services. The Charlotte’s Litter Grant Program accepts grant applications all year and makes determination on eligibility twice a year in January and July. To apply, organizations must meet the following criteria and guidelines. Charlotte’s Litter is a program of Newtown Kindness, Inc.
Purpose of grants:
To increase the availability of qualified dog handlers, therapy dogs, and effective programs that utilize therapy dogs in educational settings. Organizations chosen to receive funding will be spotlighted and recognized on the Charlotte’s Litter website (www.charlotteslitter.org).
Restrictions for grant usage.
Grants may only be applied to training, current programs, or developing programs that use therapy dogs in K-12 schools (public or private), after school programs, and library programs. Charlotte’s Litter only funds organizations classified as tax-exempt under the section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service.
Guidelines and criteria for grant applications.
- Written proposal that must include: a description and history of your organization, an outline of the training and/or program, the geographical area that the funding will be applied, and the calculated cost incurred by the organization. Please be specific.
- Organization legal name, mailing address, phone number, and valid email address
- A copy of your IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter confirming nonprofit status
- Completed and signed copy of the IRS W-9 form
- Organization form 990
Completion of Grant Evaluation Report.
- All organizations are required to complete a Grant Evaluation Report within 12 months after receiving funding. Criteria for the report will be provided to the organization when initial funding is received. Failure to submit the report, will forfeit the organization’s eligibility for future funding.
Proposal and documents can be mailed to Newtown Kindness, PO Box 681, Newtown, CT 06470 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification of acceptance or denial will be sent by email within 45 days after receipt of all documents. Charlotte’s Litter reserves the right to determine appropriate funding allocation.Download Grant Criteria
A Grant Evaluation Report must be submitted by the organization within 12 months of receiving funding from Charlotte’s Litter. The report should include the following criteria:
- Period covered by this report
2.Results to date
- Your actual results and how they relate to your original projected results
- Changes you made to the program/project’s initial concept and why
- How you evaluated your program/project (questionnaires, surveys, etc.)
- Number of people actually served
- Do you plan to continue the program/project?
- If possible, please provide any quotes or human interest stories that illustrate the success of the program/project
- Please attach copies of any news article, photos of your program in action, support letters, evaluation or other relevant information
Evaluation report can be mailed to Newtown Kindness, PO Box 681, Newtown, CT 06470 or emailed to email@example.com. Failure to submit the form, will forfeit the organization’s eligibility for future funding.Download Grant Evaluation